Tips for Choosing a Colorado Property Manager for Your Summit County Home
Our Tips for Choosing a Colorado Property Manager for Your Summit County Home. Do you own a home in Summit County, Colorado or a surrounding area? If the answer is yes- Congratulations! You own a home in an extremely popular resort destination with a big earning potential in the vacation rental market. The vacation rental industry in Summit County is huge and there are hundreds of property management companies in the county who offer their services to help homeowners who are new to the rental venture and/or need help with daily operations. Choosing the right property manager can be overwhelming. We are here to help by offering tips for choosing the very best property manager for one of your most valuable assets.
This is the first in a 5-part series with tips to help you choose a property manager for your Summit County vacation rental property. What we will cover:
- Suggested Search Tips
- Questions to Ask Potential Property Manager
- Guest Management
- The Vacation Home Itself
Suggested Colorado Property Manager Search Tips
- If you have just purchased your home, find out if it was previously being rented and ask for contact information for the previous maintenance vendors. If the previous homeowner was happy with the hot tub company or the appliance repairman, you will want to keep using that same vendor as they are already familiar with the nuances of your hot tub or your kitchen appliances.
- Mystery shop 3-5 companies: Visit their website. Call their office number and send a direct email with an inquiry about one of their properties. Note the type of response you get (how quick, how friendly, how informative). Responsiveness to phone calls and emails is of utmost importance in the vacation rental industry. Not only are guests most likely to book with the first company to respond, but when an emergency is encountered, time is of the essence for quick action. Furthermore, complaints made by neighbors must be handled within one hour to stay in compliance with town and county ordinances.
- Read Google, TripAdvisor, VRBO, and Airbnb reviews for any company you are considering.
- If your Realtor endorses a particular company, ask if they are being paid for their endorsement or receiving a kickback of any kind. Ask them what personal knowledge they have about the company they are endorsing.
- If time and money allows, stay a few nights in a home managed by a company you are considering signing with. You will receive first-hand experience of how the guests will be treated, how timely any issues are addressed, and you can inspect the property to get an idea of how well the home is being cared for and maintained.
Colorado Luxe Living specializes in catering to the needs of second homeowners in Breckenridge and other areas of Summit County, Colorado. We hope these tips for choosing a property manager will be helpful to you in such an important decision. The Colorado Luxe Living staff lives in Breckenridge full time and knows the area well. We are committed to providing an exceptional property management experience to those wanting to tap into the vacation rental market.